My experience is base on direct booking with shangri-la own apps, 3 days 2 night package. Arrival by own car.
- Security check at gate upon arrival, open up boot for inspection. Dropped luggage at lobby and proceed to car park, Car park 3 is large, connecting Rasa Sayng resort and easier entrance to Sigi Grill and Adventure Zone.
- Check in via member Cool Lounge, available to check in via apps but hassle to fill in the details of each guest as I book a few rooms and requested for connecting rooms.
Check in at 2pm, which was 1 hour prior to standard time, thus 1 connecting room were not yet done, but fully able to check in by 3pm. Received complimentary fruit basket upon check in.
- Pool activities are directly available to guest upon check in, pool towel can be requested. Kids pool and splash zone are the fun area for kids, Adult pool are available separately with depth of 1.2 M / about 4 feet onwards. Did not try the Whirlpool as it was under maintenance. Food and Drinks are available with ample of sundecks. My 2 years old and 5 years old had great fun, but the water slides are best for older kids accompanied with parents and the drop pool is 1.1 M / about 3 feet + deep. Lotsa crowds in the weekend.
- Kids Club activities available for in house guest with kids age 5-12 years old guided by resort staff. Split into a few session from 10 am onwards. My 5 years old join the first session and sure had fun that she joined the whole day. Those joined for whole day program and provided with lunch and dinner. Shout-out to Teacher Shasha and team for taking cares of the kids.
- Adventure Zone is the playground area with huge slides. Chargeable, for in house guest its about RM 24 with tax for 2 hours. Socks is required and parent may enter to care for the kids with socks at no charge. those age 2 - 4 may play and the play pen area by the side for Free. Beverages are sold here, but at premium premium, no outside food allowed. Kids Club activities center is above this building.
- Gym is available next to the cool lounge. Adequate for your daily needs, and it views towards the sea.
Food and Dining
- There's the buffet hall and Sigi Grill as it was ramadhan and the buffet hall were serving kampung delights, we just pass the deal and went for Sigi Grill.
The evening was also for celebrating parents wedding annivesary, and already email and request tables. Mr Subri was fast in reply to the emails and we met up upon arrivals to see the arrangements and made order of food and wine choice. They are the one serving the pool area too, so they do open from morning till evening, On sunday eve, Sigi offer grill buffet dinner. Its more towards Italian dishes and vegan friendly, just ask what you needs and they will cater to you. just no pork no lard, but Alcohol is available. Kids friendly.
Breakfast Buffet, were there for 2 days, quite a whole lot of choices, just that it is all the same menu offered.
Other options nearby, fast food is Mc Donalds and KFC just across the road. The petronas fuel station has a mini market which sells tit bits and snacks. A few grill & steamboat restaurant in the same area. For hawker style food, just walk down the road in the night market area, and will find a few hawker center style open air. Food will be cheaper here then the resort and mostly local flavors.
In room dining, few menu offered at different hours. if the weather was bad as we were in the second nite, In room dining will be best, served within 30 mins. Would be nice if there were complimentary juice/drinking water to comes with the food as some are spicy.
Housekeeping & Rooms.
- While were here, requested extra bottles of drinking water, extra pillow as the one provided were too fluffy, need a harder one. Murphy bed / pull away bed were provided for those with children. Of course it will eat up some in room real estate, get a larger room if u need more area. Cup and complimentary tea coffee are kept in the drawer, safe from kids.Teapot area a bit higher for kids to reach, safer. They uses glass bottle for complimentary drinking water. Just be careful and you will be alright.
- toilet with bidet and have different configuration, shower room/bathtub. Do make sure you write in / call in before check in to request them of your needs. Shower rooms maybe possible for elderly to get in and sit for shower (they have a sitting area in the shower room), but for handicap in wheelchair, the glass door on the shower room is tough to maneuver the wheelchair. Others hotels with similar thoughts have the bi-folding door and fold up able chair, and closer to the shower.
- Terrance area has area to hang your wet swimsuit to dry up, and they are a great view if yours is facing the sea during sunset especially. The facing side would be north, but the curving hotel gives more view. Toilet has drying rail to dry some underpants and stuffs.
- Others stuff, electronic vault, iron and ironing table in the closet, with 2 pairs of slippers that you can walk-around and bring home. And hair dryer is hidden in the desk drawer.Read more